Teacher: Miss S Moughan
Google classroom code: otwwmdi
Every child in the school has been given a home login for google classroom (it will be their own personal school email).
Their password is generic --> Password1 (captial P)
What we are working on this week!
Week 5 - Giraffes can't dance... or can they?!
This week we will be continuing our jungle theme and linking it to celebrating difference through the book Giraffes can't dance. In PE we will be proving anyone can dance as long as they listen to the music and move in time to the beat! We will also be discussing how we are capable of ANYTHING we want to achieve.
In Phonics, we will be consolidating our phase 2 phonics knowledge, with a focus on building words using different letters and sounds and reading captions.
In maths, we will be looking at 1 less and 1 more calculations, repeating patterns and measuring length!
As well as all this we will be continuing with Squigle Whilst you Wiggle but we will be beginning to work on the squiggle stage (putting pen to paper using gross motor movements and subsequently forming letters within this family). This week we will be focussing on forming the letters 'i' and 'l'.
Week 4 - The is a rumble in the jungle in Acorn class!
We will be reading the book throughout the week, creating our own masks and performing the story at the end of the week!
In Phonics we will be consolidating our phase 2 knowledge which means we will be focusing on segmenting and blending to support our reading. We now know the phonemes: s/ a/ t/ p/ i/ n/ m/ d/ g/ o/ c/ k/ ck/ e/ u/ r/ h/ b/ f/ ff/ l/ ll/ ss and the tricky words I, no, go, into, the. Keep practising these at home and try to read simple CVC (consonant, vowel, consonant) words with your parents/carers.
In maths we will be looking at one less/fewer. We will focus on numbers between 1-5 and different ways to find 1 less using 5 frames, frogs, songs, our fingers and applying this to word/real-life problems. On Friday we will be recapping the 2D shapes and their properties.
Reading support/ useful questions when reading at home:
|Guided Reading Strategy Prompt Question Mat.pdf||Download|
|Guided Reading Strategy Question Mat - Chunky Monkey.pdf||Download|
|Guided Reading Strategy Question Mat - Don't Forget.pdf||Download|
|Guided Reading Strategy Question Mat - Excited Evie.pdf||Download|
|Guided Reading Strategy Question Mat - Flippy Dolphin.pdf||Download|
|Guided Reading Strategy Question Mat - Hop, Skip, Jump.pdf||Download|
|Guided Reading Strategy Question Mat - Mouse the Mouth.pdf||Download|
|Guided Reading Strategy Question Mat - Sharp Eyes.pdf||Download|
|Guided Reading Strategy Question Mat - Slide the Snake.pdf||Download|
|Guided Reading Strategy Question Mat - Sound Talk It.pdf||Download|
Half Term Information Sheet
- Oscar Harwood for his fantastic tidying up song he made up and sang for us to hear. As well as this Oscar has been keeping Mrs Cleaver really busy as he has been making campfires using the sticks he has found around the classroom and outdoor area, well done!
- Finley for his brilliant attitude all week. He has tried really hard in all areas and especially hard during carpet time this week - well done.
- Edie for having a fabulous week and producing some brilliant writing. She has tried so hard so make sure you keep it up!!
- Charlie for his wonderful home learning. It is so lovely to see you wanting to carry on your learning at home and trying so hard to write your name, well done!
Autumn term 1:
- Bodhi - Every day this week you have done some amazing writing and even managed to independently write your name and explain your pictures to us. Keep it up Bodhi, it is amazing!
- Noah - for your beautiful creations with the connectors this week and showing us your lovely dance moves whilst using the instruments.
- Lottie - for trying super hard this week with everything we have done and being super brave!
- Betty for trying really hard this week to talk to an adult is something is upsetting her and for doing some great reding with Miss Moughan, picking our all of the letters that she knows.
- Declan for his amazing mark making this week! He had gone from a squiggle on a page to drawing circles and people, this a massive step up so a gigantic well done, we are so proud!
- Lucy for trying super hard all week, being caring to others, and producing some lovely spell writing!
CHAS awarded for Caring, Helping and Sharing.
- Minnie, this is for your continued CHAS attitude. You have been incredibly caring towards others this week and super helpful, especially at tidy up time, but you never ever fail to offer children and adults help, well done!
- Oscar for always being caring, helping and sharing with others, making them happy if they are feeling sad, as well as sharing his amazing home learning with us all.
- Charlotte for being so kind towards all members of our class, helping them when they feel sad and for also showing confidence to stand up and share her birthday experience with the rest of the class!
Autumn Term 1:
- Darcie for being super helpful around the classroom and a great role model when tidying up. For also sharing your wonderful nursery rhymes with the class - keep it up!
- Aaron for being so kind and caring towards other children in Acorn and Pine class. You have also been willing to share different things with other children, to make them happy, even though you were engrossed in playing with them. Well done!
- Logan for being really sharing, giving up his time to help others as well as being super helpful at tidy up time and making us all smile!